"The SORONPFRBS, a fictional band from the movie Frank."
In the "Machine Learning, Cognitive Modeling, and Natural Language Processing" (MLCMNLP) group, we are looking at bringing cognitive modeling and theoretical linguistics together with corpus-based, machine learning approaches to both traditional and recent natural language processing problems. We cover a variety of activities with a particular emphasis on language resource development and applications of human-collected data, be it annotations or experimental results from psycholinguistic research.
Members of the group:
- Asad Sayeed (group leader)
- More or less everyone else in CLASP (faculty, Ph.D. students, postdocs) who is interested in machine learning approaches and human cognitive plausibility; these days this is literally just everyone.
Ph.D. students (of whom Asad is first supervisor)
- Vidya Somashekarappa
- Axel Almquist
- Machine Learning, Cognitive Modeling, and Natural Language Processing (standing project/reading course)
- It's evaluation's world, we just live in it (to be offered second half of Fall 2020)
- Devdatt Dubhashi's group at Chalmers
- Yuval Marton (Bloomberg/University of Washington)
- Vera Demberg's group at Saarland University
- . . . and others, we are always seeking out collaboration opportunities.
- Gothenburg Research Initiative for Politically Emergent Systems (GRIPES) -- Marianne och Marcus Wallenbergstiftelsen, WASP-HS